On 24th November 2022, the SGEH (Scottish Gambling Education Hub) conference took place at the Story Telling Centre in Edinburgh.
The conference showcased the types ofwork that the SGEH promotes around Scotland and included three keynote speeches, two panels and four workshops.
Red Card were delighted to contribute to the conference. CEO and founder Tony Kelly took part in the First Panel, looking at the issue of using story to engage and inspire.
Among the questions tackled by the panel – which included Steve Watts from GamFam and Martin Paterson from The Machine Zone Community Interest Company – were the following:
- Who can experience gambling harm and how does it affect them?
- What further work needs to be done to help these affected
- How does gambling harm impact the individual’s wider world?
- Do you think that operators take enough responsibility for industry
practices? If not, what further action needs to happen?
- What regulation, if any, needs to be put in place around gambling
- Why is early intervention and the education of young people
an important part of harm reduction?
You can watch the panel discussion below.