Gambling Support Services
Through our referral service, Red Card partners with the leading UK treatment providers. This page also lists other sources of support you may find useful.
GETTING THE HELP YOU NEED.
Red Card not only work to educate communities about problem gambling, but also seeks to support individuals through working with recognised addiction agencies. We work with some of the UK’s leading addiction treatment providers and we are always looking for opportunities to partner with new ones.
Following discussion with you, and where appropriate, we’re happy to assist with referrals to addiction treatment agencies and organisations.
REFERRALS THROUGH GAMCARE
To support people with gambling disorders, Red Card have partnered with GamCare.
GamCare is the leading UK provider of free information, advice and support for anyone harmed by gambling. The organisation has been in operation since 1997 and operates the National Gambling Helpline.
Red Card will refer anyone to Gamcare who is suffering gambling harm and/or seeking support with gambling.
After referral, GamCare will offer an assessment before providing expert support.
You can view or download the GamCare referral form below:
OTHER SUPPORT SERVICES.
Help with gambling problems and their effects is out there. Below we have compiled a list of services and organisations you may find useful.
- Gamblers Anonymous. Group therapy, fellowship groups, 12-
- NHS Gambling Clinic. Individual treatment for gamblers and
affected others (London, Leeds, Sunderland, Salford)
- Gordon Moody Association. Residential therapy and
- GamBan. Software that blocks access to Gambling websites
and apps on your device.
- GamStop. Software that blocks you from logging into or
setting up an account on a gambling site.
- National Gambling Helpline. 24/7, 365 days a year. Tel 0808
8020 133 or web chat.
- Gamfam. Support for families/parents/carers etc. Tel
- BigDeal. Support for Young People – Tel 0808 8020 133
- Gambling With Lives. Support for families impacting by
bereavement by gambling related suicide.
Problem Gaming Resources
- NSPCC Online Gaming: advice and
information with telephone support. Tel 0808
- Childline. Advice and information, online chat
support, telephone support with counsellors.
- ParentZone. Parents’ guide to gaming,
information and advice.
- Net-Aware. Information on games/apps/networks.
- Internet Matters: information and advice on internet use.